Friday, June 11, 2010

Changes

I've made a few small changes around here in the last few days. I've had a nice quiet week so I have updated our web site with some new images, changed a few things around here on the blog and spent 10 minutes making a little Cartolina iPhone icon. I thought you might like to make one for your own sites so the directions are below.

iPhone Home Screen Icons
Did you know that when you're checking out one of your fave sites on your iPhone that you have the choice to ADD BOOKMARK or ADD TO HOME SCREEN. So yesterday I figured out how to make a little icon that will appear on my iPhone home screen as a short cut to our site - see the little elephant, bottom right next to NYTimes? (Just ignore the fact that I have 193 unread emails!) here's how you do it. Make a little icon 45 x 45 pixels. Name it apple-touch-icon.png and add it to the root directory of your website. When it loads on your iPhone it will have nice round corners and the 'wet look'. Voila!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin